Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Converting InDesign objects to images, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
Sometimes you need to convert the type that you have set up in InDesign into images or…even any kind of artwork that you have drawn with InDesign's tools like the Arrow Tools.…You would actually want to include in EPUB, but they have to be images that you have placed.…The Object Export Options dialog box that I talked about in the previous video.…That we used for adding all tags, actually has a very useful function in its last tab EPUB and HTML.…In that it can custom rasterize any object or any selection upon export to EPUB.…
So that it's completely editable in the InDesign document.…But when you export it, it turns into a JPEG. It's just fantastic.…Let me show you a couple of examples when you might use that.…Here, for example, is a cover image. Now, we have it grouped.…So, if I drag it everything moves together, Undo.…But the text is still editable.…And if I export this to EPUB, I will just press Command+E or Ctrl+E, save it on the desktop.…I will just keep all the existing defaults, and there it is.…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.