Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Converting InDesign objects to images, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…When you export from In Design to ePub, all of the texts, and…all of the graphics that are lying on the page,…that aren't from the master page, will appear in the ePub.…But sometimes, especially for a design kind of what we're looking at…right here that's not strictly a straight text with anchored graphics,…they'll end up looking a little weird in the ePub.…So I'm going to show you a couple ways to help get the results that…you want in your ePub.…Let's take a look at this document.…We just have a text frame.…We have a picture of my cute little doggie,…Barkley, with an arrow pointing to his little belly.…
And then we have two empty called unassigned frames up here…with a text frame overlapping the bottom one.…Let's go ahead and export this to ePub.…I'm just going to press Cmd+E to get to the export dialog box that would…be Ctrl+E on a PC, and I'll save it right on the desktop.…I already have one out here but I'm just going to write right over it,…which I love being able to do with ePubs.…It doesn't yell at you if you want to write over an existing one.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 46m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 29m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.