Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Converting EPUB for other resellers, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
Assuming you have a solid EPUB that validates with EpubCheck, then there actually is not…that much more work that you need to do to get this EPUB ready for other major resellers.…What you will need to do, though, is go to those sellers and see if you can get any special…kind of publishing guidelines.…We looked quite closely at the Amazon publishing guidelines, and most publishers like Apple…and Barnes & Noble and Kobo have publishing guidelines if they have a way for independent…publishers to upload their eBooks.…
You can imagine this has taken everybody quite by surprise that there will be many people…in the world who want to publish their own books rather than give them to a publisher…to do, so not everybody has a portal for independent authors and small publishers, but those that…do often have publishing guidelines.…So, for example, if you want to sell your books directly through the iBookstore, you…have to have an iTunes Connect account, and I'll definitely talk about that in the next chapter.…Once you have set up that account, then they give you a special log on to a portal where…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CS6 New Featureswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 21m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.