Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Cleaning up text with Find/Change and the FindChangeByList script, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
Now depending on the state of your InDesign layout, you may have a lot of clean up to…do or maybe just very little.…There are two kinds of cleanups that I want to address in this video, and I will show…you how to clean them up manually and also automate some of your work with a free script…that gets included with InDesign.…So the first thing that we want to clean up are runs of returns and spaces and tabs.…These are normally completely ignored by a web browser, which as you know most EPUB readers…are essentially reading a website inside your EPUB. And that's why it's a good idea to always…work with hidden characters showing as I have here, so under Type, hidden characters are showing.…
We have some paragraphs separated by double returns, this one by triple return, and then…this gets a whole bunch of tabs and then this is a bunch of spaces.…So you don't need to do anything with this document, I am just showing you what's going…to happen when you export this to EPUB, which I will go ahead and do right now.…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6 New Featureswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 21m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.