Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Cleaning up text with Find/Change and the FindChangeByList script, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…If you have a finished publication that you've already sent out for print.…Then you may not need to do this step.…But if you are in the middle of pouring in a word file into an InDesign…layout, with the aim of exporting that to…e-pub, then you'll probably want to run this step.…Or even if you have something that's you know, half way in between those.…Almost ready for printing.…The idea is that you want to clean up the file.…You want to get rid of dead wood, so…that you can concentrate on applying your styles correctly.…
And by dead wood, I mean something like this.…Let's, so I'm going to zoom in on this left-hand side.…This spread deadwood would be things like, a bunch of returns…or even the double returns that you often see in between paragraphs.…People using tabs to align things, multiple tabs in a row especially,…you want to replace double hyphen like right here with an m dash.…We have some instances of a space in front of a word.…Those kind of things.…You want to clean up, because if you really…did want to have some white space in between…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 46m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 29m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.