Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing general export options, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
In this chapter, I want to go through each of the three panels in the EPUB Export Options…dialog box so that there is one place in this title where all of these items are…referred to or talked about. So let's start with the General Panel.…We have been creating Version 2.0 EPUBs throughout the title, and we will be.…That's currently the standard--well, currently it's the real-life standard, the theoretical…standard is EPUB 3, which was ratified by the idpf.org, the people in charge of this kind…of this thing about a year ago. And EPUB 3 is the future for EPUBs.…
It includes a lot more interactivity and facilities for rich media.…Apple announced a few months ago that the iBooks application does support EPUB 3.…And if you follow some of the blogs and forums that I'll be recommending that you follow…in the very last video in this title, you will see that EPUB 3 and who supports it and…who is doing stuff with EPUB 3 is a very hot topic.…You can rest assured that any eBook that you create in EPUB 2 will be supported by EPUB 3…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.