Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing general export options, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…Here is the dialogue box that's all near and dear to our hearts.…The EPUB Reflowable Layout Export Options.…It may look a little bit different from some of the other ones in this course,…because we are keeping up with InDesign as they update the app.…So this is the version of the export options in InDesign CC 2014.…I'm going to go through all of these panels in this chapter, and…we're going to start with the General panel.…You can choose either version EPUB 2.01 or 3.0, as before.…
And as we saw in a previous video, if you want to make a cover,…you can choose to rasterize the first page.…Say None if you don't want to do a cover because you're going to add it…later manually.…Or you can point to an image on your hard drive.…I usually end up choosing Rasterize First Page.…The General panel is also where you choose how the table of…contents is going to work.…That's the navigational table of contents, the one that opens up in a little panel in…which ever eReader that you're using, like Adobe Digital Editions, or iBooks.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 46m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 29m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.