Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing export options for text and CSS, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…Options that govern what InDesign does your text as it exports your file to EPUB.…Are found in two panels in the ReFlowable Layout Export Options dialog box.…Here in the Text panel of course, but also in the CSS panel.…Let's take a look at both of these.…In the Text panel, you have the option to have InDesign remove any…forced line breaks in your text as it does the export.…Forced line breaks may make sense in a print or…PDF document, but they can really mess up EPUB layouts.…
If you didn't want to do this manually, you could have InDesign do it for…you, which is very nice.…Text panel is also where you tell InDesign what to do with your footnotes.…Do you want them placed at the end of the section like at the end of a chapter, so…that they work like end notes.…Or if you think it would be easier for…you readers, you could have them placed at the end of the paragraph.…Which is kind of cool, something you can't do in InDesign itself.…There's a third option inside a pop up and it says EPUB 3 because it's…only available if you'd chosen the EPUB 3 format for your export.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.