Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing export options for images, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
I don't think I need to go into a whole lot of detail with the Image Panel here in the EPUB Export options.…If you want to learn more detail, definitely watch some of the videos in the previous chapter…where I talked about all sorts of cool things that you can do with images and changing these settings around.…But just to recap, let's run through them.…First, the default is to preserve appearance from layout, meaning that when you export…to EPUB, your images will look the same as they did in the layout more or less, but they…will maintain the same crop, rotation if you applied any special effects to them like drop…shadow, even Bevel and Emboss, all those kind of fun things will be carried through.…
If you turn it off, then it's going to ignore anything you did to the image inside InDesign…and just export the entire image at the resolution that you specify, which brings us to this.…Which resolution should the images be at in the EPUB?…Any image that is currently over this setting will be down-sampled internally in InDesign…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CS6 New Featureswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 21m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.