Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing between EPUB 2 and EPUB 3, part of InDesign CC: EPUB Fundamentals.
…I want to address the issue of EPUB 2 versus…EPUB 3, because if you are in this field or you're…just getting into it, you're going to hear that debate go…on quite a bit for the next few years at least.…What is EPUB 2 and what is EPUB 3?…If you go to Google and you say EPUB 2 versus…EPUB 3, you'll see a ton of links: why need EPub 3,…Apple textbooks in EPub 3 versus EPub 2.…Just two different versions of the EPUB specification.…
The International Digital Publishing Forum or idpf.org are…the people who came up with these specifications.…If you go to idpf.org and go to EPUB you'll see the two specs.…So if you go to EPUB 2.0.1, you'll see how it describes…everything that needs to be inside an EPUB 2.…So certain elements, what is inside of an XML,…how the style sheets should work and so on.…This came out I think in like 2007.…
And the first ebooks and most of the ebooks to this date in 2013 are…in EPUB 2. It's a flowable EPUB format that doesn't…allow for a whole lot of interactivity. Then Apple released the iPad…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Using Word and InDesign Togetherwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.