Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing advanced export options, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
I think it's interesting that in CS6, InDesign renamed, or I guess Adobe renamed this InDesign…panel to Advanced, used to be called Content, and some of this stuff over here was in the…end, because I don't think a lot of the stuff is all that advanced, but anyway.…So here we are at the Advanced panel.…It's kind of just like a mish-mash of various different settings.…But you definitely have to come here for just about every EPUB.…For example, this is where you would choose to chunk up a long document to split it.…And I talked about this in great detail in a previous video.…
But essentially, an EPUB is a series of HTML files.…If you have one long InDesign document, it's going to export as one long HTML document.…If inside that InDesign document, that one single document, you have multiple chapters,…for example, or sections, you probably want each one of those sections to be a separate…HTML file so that the first sentence or figure in them appears at the top of a page, for example.…And here is how you can tell InDesign to go ahead and split up this document according…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CS6 New Featureswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 21m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.