Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Anchoring images, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…There are actually a whole lot of books that have no…images in them, I was just looking through my own collection of…e-books on my Ipad, plenty of what's of female science fiction…books and novels, that have no images other than the cover image.…But I would guess that a lot of us want to create e-Books and have images in them.…Or other kind of interesting things happening…within the text flow like pull quotes or…side bars and so on.…And there's a special kind of thing that you need to do with your images,…in order to get them to appear in the place that you want, in the e-Pub.…
So let's take a look at that in this video.…What are we looking at?…What kind of document do I have open?…I open up the Pages panel, it's kind…of a little longish document, but it's all text.…It's from a publication called A brief history of San Francisco.…So far…there are no images.…There is an image out here in the pasteboard.…But as you know by now, of course, because you've been paying attention.…Files on the paste board are not included when you export to e-pub.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.