Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding video to the EPUB, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
Getting a video and audio for that matter into your EPUB is quite simple with InDesign CS6.…Yay! You don't have to do anything special to the exported EPUB in order for you to see…the video and hear the audio in iBooks on the iPad.…For other devices, you might want to test it out.…For example, a lot of the Kindle solutions don't support video, maybe the device shows…it, but the software does not or vice-versa, so it's more of a crapshoot where that's concerned,…but if you're just trying to make rich media EPUBs to give away or sell on the iBook store,…then you're in luck.…
I have opened a one-page InDesign file, and I want to place a video in here.…Now the one thing that you want to do is make sure that your video is in the right format,…and that is H.264, that's the encoding, save as an MP4 or MV, as in Victor 4.…Now if you're like me, your camera saves videos as MOV files or maybe you have really old…other format videos. What do you do? How you convert your video to H.264?…Well, if you have InDesign, then you also have the Adobe Media Encoder, which I have queued up here.…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6 New Featureswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 21m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.