Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding video to the EPUB, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…I know that EPUBs can be kind of boring, you know,…because it's mostly text with the occasional picture.…But you can definitely add some interactivity and…some liveliness to your EPUB by including video or audio.…In this one we're going to show how to add video, but…audio the steps are essentially the same.…First you have to have a video.…And we have one.…I've included one in the exercise files.…And it needs to be in the right format.…It should be mp4.…Or, or any format where the video is encoded with h.264.…
I know that is kind of geeky, but…essentially if it's a modern file format for video, then it should work.…So, let's say that in this document we want to replace the picture with a video.…So, I'm just going to move this guy off to the pasteboard.…And then we're going to place the video.…And you do that just like you would place any picture.…Go to File > Place and look for your video.…And, here I have one called Glass_Blower_Master.mp4.…And I'll open it.…And then, I'm just going to drag out an area that I have available for it.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.