Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding metadata to the InDesign file or book, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
How do people find eBooks?…Do they go to the bookstore and browse electrons? No of course not.…They go to Amazon or the iBook store or they do searches on Google or some place and they…search for the book that they want. By the title, by the subject, by the author, by the…publisher, they do searches, and that is what Metadata is all about.…When your customers are searching for your eBooks they're not searching the content…of the eBooks, not yet, that's not possible yet, because all that is zipped up in that…zip file known as the EPUB. But the EPUB itself can contain metadata.…
In fact, it's requirement for an EPUB to pass validation.…Now I will be talking about validation later on in this video title, that it contains certain…bits of metadata and metadata is just simply information about the file that you can't…see in the file itself.…For example, the date of publication or let's say in a piece of artwork the name of the…file or the last date that it was modified.…You don't see that when you open up an Illustrator, but you see it in the Finder or Explorer,…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.