Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding metadata to the InDesign file or book, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…One of the requirements of the EPUB standard, EPUB 2,…or EPUB 3, is that the EPUB contains certain bits of metadata.…Information like, a unique ID, the title of the document, when it was published.…I showed where the information is stored in the EPUB, in an earlier video when we…looked at the anatomy at the files that comprise an ePub.…It's inside the content that OPF file.…Now InDesign, will automatically fill in…the required bits of metadata even if you do nothing to the document.…
But it's going to fill it in with some default settings.…And you might want to override that and…put in some actual settings along with some extra bits of metadata.…Let me show you how to do that in this video.…There's actually an existing place where you can add metadata to…an InDesign document itself regardless if you're going to export it to EPUB or not.…And that's under file menu, if you go to File and choose File Info.…You can enter information like the Document Title,…the Author, Description, Copyright Notice.…And if you have done so,…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.