Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding and editing metadata, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
Let's say that you have finished your eBook in InDesign, and you have exported it to EPUB,…as I have done over here, and then you have expanded it, and you have done all sorts of…tweaking to the HTML and CSS files, the toc.ncx files, and so on, and now you're just about…to ship it to your client or you're about to upload it to the iBookstore or to the NUKE…store, you can always do one more validation.…So let's drag this guy up over here to epubcheck_3.…
The title element is empty. I could have fixed that InDesign. You could have added that metadata…element in InDesign, and I talked about adding metadata in a previous video, but just as a…quick refresher if you have the InDesign file open, go to File > File Info, and you add…the Document Title right here. That's one of the requirements to make a valid EPUB.…It has to have a title. How is anybody going to find it without the title in it?…And there are ones like Author and copyright that you can add as well.…
But let's say the last time you worked in this file in InDesign was weeks ago, and since…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.