Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a custom TOC as the first page of an EPUB file, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
Here we're looking in our History of Art eBook with a working navigational Table of Contents.…And if you remember from the previous video when I talked about how to create this navigational Table of Contents.…I said that you use the Table of Contents feature in InDesign and so if you want to…review that you can go and watch that video and then come back here.…What I want to talk about in this video is how to add an internal or HTML Table of Contents,…and maybe more than one.…So let's review what a navigational Table of Contents is first.…It's something that you can show or hide in the eReader software or in the eReader device.…
Here in the Adobe Digital Editions, you show and hide it from this icon up here.…So click it once to hide it, click it again to show it.…In the navigational Table of Contents, you can click on an entry, and that will jump you…to where that entry is in the eBook that's like a linked Table of Contents.…But a lot of readers don't like to see all of this chrome when they're concentrating…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.