Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a custom TOC as the first page of the EPUB file, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…Here's our favorite book.…And if we scroll down, a couple pages,…there's the title page, and there is a TOC.…This is an internal table of contents that was created, for print, for the reader.…As far as e-pubs are concerned, this is not the…same thing as the navigational TOC, which we covered earlier.…And whether or not you want to include an actual T.O.C. in the HTML,…in the ePub itself, is up to you.…It's only, I, I believe, the Kindle that requires that you have one.…
But it can even be a separate document they want you to point to it.…We'll be talking about that later on in this video.…Often though, you do want to include an internal HTML TOC,…a table of contents, at the begining of your book.…Because, you can go ahead and edit this as much as you'd…like, and you can have it go into much more detail than…the navigational TOC.…You manage all of this, from the layout menu.…If you go down to Table of Contents.…You'll see that right now, were using the default…TOC, which has the subtitle and chapter title, and…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 46m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 29m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.