After Dynamo is used to collect and analyze information, a common final step is to report the data in the form of a table in an Excel spreadsheet. In this video, see how to construct a nested list of numerical and text data that is properly structured for export, then write the table to a new tab of an Excel spreadsheet.
- [Instructor] In the last video,…we used Dynamo to calculate the wall area…required for each retail shelf type,…from data that we've read from Excel.…In this video, we'll write the new data…that we calculated in Dynamo, back to our Excel file.…Let's begin by dropping the…export Excel node onto our canvas.…Which we found last time,…just by doing a library search for Excel.…We need to specify a few inputs for this node.…Starting with the location of the Excel file,…and the name of the sheet…that we'd like to write data too.…
We're familiar with both of these fields,…since we already had to specify them…when we imported data from our Excel file.…This time, we're also going to need to specify…the start row, and the start column…of the data that we're interested in writing.…Let's go ahead and drop in a file path node,…as a way of specifying the location of our Excel file.…I've navigated to the Excel file…that we're currently reading information from.…
I should warn you that Dynamo sometimes runs into problems…when we're trying to read and write data…
- Placing and connecting Dynamo nodes
- Working with data types and math functions
- Creating number lists and text strings
- Writing data to an Excel spreadsheet
- Filtering and sorting data
- Creating points, curves, surfaces, and solids
- Analyzing geometry
- Linking a Dynamo-driven SAT to Revit
- Placing Revit families with Dynamo
- Creating Revit views and sheets with Dynamo
Skill Level Beginner
Exercise files1m 21s
1. Getting to Know Dynamo
What is Dynamo?6m 9s
2. Working with Data
3. Constructing and Analyzing Geometry
Next steps2m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.