Since adaptive components have multiple placement points, the process to place these family instances in Revit requires data to be structured in a specific way. In this video, see how to place a series of two-point adaptive components by first gathering lists of each components' first and second placement points, and then constructing a nested list of points that's structured correctly to place the families.
- [Instructor] In the last video,…we explored the basics of using Dynamo…to place several common Revit family elements…into our Revit project.…In this video,…we're going to cover the placement of adaptive components.…Adaptive components are unique kinds of Revit families…because they're form depends on where you click…to locate multiple placement points called adaptive points.…The adaptive component family that we'll place in this video…is a steel cable that's going to suspend the canopy…that we've been working on…back to the exterior wall of the building.…I'll place one in the project now…by navigating in my project browser to families,…generic models, cable adaptive.…
I'll right click on the cable adaptive type…and then click on create instance.…This adaptive component is built with two adaptive points,…meaning it's going to require two clicks…to place the object.…First, let's click on the location on the canopy…that we like the cable to connect.…Our second click should be…on the face of the building's exterior.…
- Placing and connecting Dynamo nodes
- Working with data types and math functions
- Creating number lists and text strings
- Writing data to an Excel spreadsheet
- Filtering and sorting data
- Creating points, curves, surfaces, and solids
- Analyzing geometry
- Linking a Dynamo-driven SAT to Revit
- Placing Revit families with Dynamo
- Creating Revit views and sheets with Dynamo
Skill Level Beginner
Exercise files1m 21s
1. Getting to Know Dynamo
What is Dynamo?6m 9s
2. Working with Data
3. Constructing and Analyzing Geometry
Next steps2m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.