If the number data types are the nouns of a program, functions are the verbs. This video focuses on the number data type and introduces simple mathematical functions that add two numbers together and round a decimal to the nearest integer.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at what kinds of things…Dynamo can do when we combine number inputs…with nodes that perform functions on numbers.…Let's begin begin in the math, operators section…of the node library.…Here you can see we have a series of mathematical…operators, or functions like addition, subtraction,…multiplication and division,…we can test whether one number is less than another,…test whether two numbers are equal,…or if one number is greater than the other.…
Let's begin with something simple, like addition.…I'll go back up to the addition node,…and I'll click once to drop an…addition node into our workspace.…This particular node takes an x and a y input,…two inputs in total.…So I'm going to navigate to the input basic portion…of the node library, and drop in two number data inputs.…I'm also going to want to drop in a watch node,…in order to see the data coming out of the addition node.…
We can find that under display, watch, in the node library.…I'm going to go ahead and plugin both of my number nodes…
- Placing and connecting Dynamo nodes
- Working with data types and math functions
- Creating number lists and text strings
- Writing data to an Excel spreadsheet
- Filtering and sorting data
- Creating points, curves, surfaces, and solids
- Analyzing geometry
- Linking a Dynamo-driven SAT to Revit
- Placing Revit families with Dynamo
- Creating Revit views and sheets with Dynamo
Skill Level Beginner
Exercise files1m 21s
1. Getting to Know Dynamo
What is Dynamo?6m 9s
2. Working with Data
3. Constructing and Analyzing Geometry
Next steps2m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.