One of the major challenges of learning Dynamo is learning the nodes you have available in the library and becoming familiar with common programming techniques that work together to achieve your goals. This video introduces toolbars, workspaces, and the node library. It also provides an overview of where to look for commonly used features and functions.
- Let's begin by launching Dynamo,…and then we'll take a quick look around…and get familiar with the user interface.…At the time of this recording, Dynamo comes in two flavors:…Dynamo for Revit, and Dynamo Studio.…They're both very similar, nearly identical.…The key difference though,…is that Dynamo for Revit runs like a plugin inside of Revit,…and contains a section of the node library specifically…for interacting with Revit elements and Revit data.…Dynamo Studio runs independently of Revit…or any other application.…In this course, we're going to be working…with Dynamo for Revit.…
Before you open Dynamo for Revit,…you'll need to begin inside a Revit project,…or a Revit family.…In most versions of Revit,…you're going to find the Dynamo button under the Manage tab.…But if you don't find it there,…take a look under the Add-ins tab.…Let's go ahead and click the Dynamo button to launch Dynamo.…When Dynamo opens, it displays the Start page.…Here you'll find options to begin a new Dynamo graph,…or open an existing one.…
- Placing and connecting Dynamo nodes
- Working with data types and math functions
- Creating number lists and text strings
- Writing data to an Excel spreadsheet
- Filtering and sorting data
- Creating points, curves, surfaces, and solids
- Analyzing geometry
- Linking a Dynamo-driven SAT to Revit
- Placing Revit families with Dynamo
- Creating Revit views and sheets with Dynamo
Skill Level Beginner
Exercise files1m 21s
1. Getting to Know Dynamo
What is Dynamo?6m 9s
2. Working with Data
3. Constructing and Analyzing Geometry
Next steps2m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.