This video covers Nodes that are used to make changes to solid geometry. Nodes covered include fillet and chamfer, which are used to bevel and round the edges of the solid, as well as union to combine multiple solids together, and difference to treat one solid as a void object to remove geometry from another solid where the two overlap.
- [Instructor] Now that we've…constructed a few solids in our workspace,…let's explore some of the nodes that…allow us to make adjustments and…perform analysis on the solid…geometry elements in our dynamo graph.…We began this exercise with two polygons,…which who then translated vertically,…rotated about their origins, then added…to a list and lofted together.…I'm going to go ahead and turn off…the geometry preview on the polygons.…
We're not going to need those for this example.…Let's begin with two functions that are used…to modify the edges of solids, fillet and chamfer.…We can find both of those nodes…in the geometry, solids, solid section of the node library.…Let's drop one of each of them onto our workspace.…Both of these nodes will be used to modify…the edges of any solids that we plug in as inputs.…
Fillet will take the edges of a solid…and round them according to the radius that we set.…Chamfer is similar, but instead of rounding the edges,…it'll cut away at the edge by an offset distance.…Sometime chamfers are referred to as 'bevels'.…
- Placing and connecting Dynamo nodes
- Working with data types and math functions
- Creating number lists and text strings
- Writing data to an Excel spreadsheet
- Filtering and sorting data
- Creating points, curves, surfaces, and solids
- Analyzing geometry
- Linking a Dynamo-driven SAT to Revit
- Placing Revit families with Dynamo
- Creating Revit views and sheets with Dynamo
Skill Level Beginner
Exercise files1m 21s
1. Getting to Know Dynamo
What is Dynamo?6m 9s
2. Working with Data
3. Constructing and Analyzing Geometry
Next steps2m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.