Once an ACIS SAT file is exported from Dynamo, there are a few more steps that need to be taken in Revit to link the SAT file into the project and host Revit system families to the imported geometry. This video covers those steps and identifies the steps that need to be taken to keep Revit geometry up to date after geometry changes take place in Dynamo.
- [Instructor] The SAT file format…might already be your most familiar method…for importing 3D geometry from other software,…like Rhino or AutoCAD 3D into Revit.…Let's take a look at how SAT geometry…that you've constructed and exported from Dynamo…can be dynamically linked into Revit.…In another video, we're going to look at ways…of constructing walls and floors in Revit from Dynamo,…but we're going to find that they're aren't always nodes…for creating elements like roofs, ceilings…and curtain systems from complex geometry.…
The workflow that we're about to cover…could be a good way of linking Revit elements…of those categories to your geometry from Dynamo.…In an earlier video in this course,…we used Dynamo to generate a surface,…which we then exported as an SAT file.…For this example, we'll bring that SAT file…back into Revit and we'll use it as a surface…to host a roof family as a canopy…over the front entry to our Revit project.…In order to do so, we first need to load…that SAT import into a mass family.…
Within Revit, I'm going to go ahead and click on…
- Placing and connecting Dynamo nodes
- Working with data types and math functions
- Creating number lists and text strings
- Writing data to an Excel spreadsheet
- Filtering and sorting data
- Creating points, curves, surfaces, and solids
- Analyzing geometry
- Linking a Dynamo-driven SAT to Revit
- Placing Revit families with Dynamo
- Creating Revit views and sheets with Dynamo
Skill Level Beginner
Exercise files1m 21s
1. Getting to Know Dynamo
What is Dynamo?6m 9s
2. Working with Data
3. Constructing and Analyzing Geometry
Next steps2m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.