The ability of Dynamo to interact with a Revit project isn't limited to model elements. In this video, see how to use Dynamo to automatically create a new floor plan and ceiling plan, and then create two new sheets and automatically place those views on them. This workflow is especially valuable to BIM managers who usually do this project setup work one sheet at a time.
- [Instructor] Dynamo's ability to interact…with Revit projects isn't limited to model elements.…We can also automate the process of creating…and modifying views and sheets.…If you're the bin manager for your company,…you do not want to skip this video.…Let's begin by navigating to the Revit…Views section of the node library…which contains nodes related to creating and modifying…both views and sheets.…Looking at our Revit project browser,…at the moment we only have a single floor plan…in the project.…Let's use Dynamo to create a new floor plan for level two…using the floor plan view by level node…under the floor plan views section of the library.…
As you can see, this node only takes one input…which is the level to host the floor plan…we're about to create.…I'll right-click on our canvas…and search for the levels node.…Then I'll select level two from the dropdown menu…and plug it into our level input for the floor plan node.…As soon as the workflow runs,…you can see in our project browser…that the floor plan has been automatically created…
- Placing and connecting Dynamo nodes
- Working with data types and math functions
- Creating number lists and text strings
- Writing data to an Excel spreadsheet
- Filtering and sorting data
- Creating points, curves, surfaces, and solids
- Analyzing geometry
- Linking a Dynamo-driven SAT to Revit
- Placing Revit families with Dynamo
- Creating Revit views and sheets with Dynamo
Skill Level Beginner
Exercise files1m 21s
1. Getting to Know Dynamo
What is Dynamo?6m 9s
2. Working with Data
3. Constructing and Analyzing Geometry
Next steps2m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.