This video shows how to adjust the room boundary for proper placement of walls.
- [Instructor] When placing walls with the…wall by curve and height node,…Dynamo uses a wall center line as a placement…point along the placement curves.…In this video,…I'm going to show how to adjust the lines…in Dynamo to avoid overlapping geometry in Revit…that could cause warnings inside…of your Revit file.…I'll show how to offset a curve by half of the…wall type thickness to use for placing a wall.…Then I'll show how to set a wall's placement…location parameter to avoid future conflicts…if the wall thickness changes.…Let's get started.…Inside of the Revit exercise file,…if you zoom in on the bottom right corner of…our toilet room and type TL for thin lines,…you'll notice that the walls of our finished wall…are overlapping the architectural wall…by half the thickness of the wall type.…
When placing a wall inside of Revit…you're prompted to pick the location line.…When Dynamo places a wall it uses…the wall center line.…When you click to place the wall…you see that the geometry extends…from the center point of the wall.…
- Finding curves and points in Dynamo
- Creating a list for organizing elements
- Modeling walls and floors
- Working with multiple rooms
- Creating a graphic finish legend
- Creating a material take-off
- Creating graphic overrides
- Updating room parameters
- Creating a floor type from a room parameter
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamo Concepts
2. Workflows: Model Finishes from Room Finish Schedules
3. Workflows: Finish Legends
4. Workflows: Synchronize the Room Finish Schedule
5. Taking It Further
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.