Join Bill Carney for an in-depth discussion in this video What version of Dynamo are you running?, part of Revit and Dynamo for Interior Design.
- [Instructor] This course was recorded using Dynamo version 1.3. When you click to open Dynamo if you have a newer version of Dynamo open Revit will prompt you with a menu like this, asking you which version of Dynamo you wanna use. Make sure to select the newer version of Dynamo. There's several changes with the Dynamo 2.0 interface that make things a little bit difficult during this course. If you only have access to Dynamo 2.0 you could still use this course, but just know that there are some subtle differences.
Inside of the Dynamo environment when I search through the Library the Library organization has changed in newer version of Dynamos. All custom packages are installed below the Add-ons tab while the out of the box Dynamo nodes are all stored at the top. When you go to place a node newer versions of Dynamo have an Auto feature where Dynamo tries to guess at which version of lacing you are trying to use when we may have intended to have the shortest lacing version.
Make sure to right click and look at Lacing options and set them to Shortest unless I've set a lacing to Longest or Cross Product inside of the video.
- Finding curves and points in Dynamo
- Creating a list for organizing elements
- Modeling walls and floors
- Working with multiple rooms
- Creating a graphic finish legend
- Creating a material take-off
- Creating graphic overrides
- Updating room parameters
- Creating a floor type from a room parameter
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamo Concepts
2. Workflows: Model Finishes from Room Finish Schedules
3. Workflows: Finish Legends
4. Workflows: Synchronize the Room Finish Schedule
5. Taking It Further
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.