This video discusses how to handle rooms with more than four walls.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'm going to show how…to populate wall finish information…into the wall finish parameter for rooms.…Then how to work with the rooms…with multiple wall finish types…to populate an accent wall parameter.…Let's get started by opening Dynamo.…Browse to the exercise files.…And open the 04_06_Begin_UpdateRooms.…Make sure to open in manual execution mode and click open.…In this workspace, we've pulled all the rooms in the model…and all the walls in the model…and used class detection to create a list of all the rooms…that contain a wall finish and a list…of all the individual walls of that wall finish.…
Then we found the wall finish that has the largest area…and separate that into a separate list…that we can populate our room finish parameter with.…Let's click Run to see the results.…Here we have a list of our wall finish…of the wall finish type…that has the largest area in each room.…We use the get item at index node…to pull the index value of the larger area.…I'm going to use the remove item at index node…
- Finding curves and points in Dynamo
- Creating a list for organizing elements
- Modeling walls and floors
- Working with multiple rooms
- Creating a graphic finish legend
- Creating a material take-off
- Creating graphic overrides
- Updating room parameters
- Creating a floor type from a room parameter
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamo Concepts
2. Workflows: Model Finishes from Room Finish Schedules
3. Workflows: Finish Legends
4. Workflows: Synchronize the Room Finish Schedule
5. Taking It Further
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.