This video shows how to use Dynamo to add the room's name and number to a sign.
- [Instructor] In this video,…I'm going to show how to use Dynamo…to tag elements pawn placement and then rotate tags…to match the elements' orientation.…Let's get started by opening Dynamo through the manage tab.…In Dynamo, click open,…browse the chapter five exercise files,…and select 05_0_Begin_TagElements.…Make sure the open in manual execution mode and click open.…In this workspace, we're able to select a room…and evenly place families around the room.…
In this case, we've selected a shelf,…then we read parameter information…from the level, the surround walls' mark value,…and an index value of the shelves that are placed…to create a unique ID and add to the mark value.…Let's start by running the workspace.…Pull Dynamo over so that you can see…both the Revit file and Dynamo.…Zoom in on the first gray box that says…find location place family and set rotation.…For this, we're going to use to select the room.…There's a yellow select model element node.…
Click select and hover over a wall inside of Revit…and hold tab until the X of the room shows.…
- Finding curves and points in Dynamo
- Creating a list for organizing elements
- Modeling walls and floors
- Working with multiple rooms
- Creating a graphic finish legend
- Creating a material take-off
- Creating graphic overrides
- Updating room parameters
- Creating a floor type from a room parameter
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamo Concepts
2. Workflows: Model Finishes from Room Finish Schedules
3. Workflows: Finish Legends
4. Workflows: Synchronize the Room Finish Schedule
5. Taking It Further
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.