Since custom shaped panels in a curtain wall are automatically replaced by Revit with a system panel, it makes them easy to isolate in Dynamo. Simply select all elements of the family type and choose the name of the type used for the irregular panels. The
- [Instructor] We're ready to begin…creating our graph and replace…all of the irregular edge panels…with our adaptive component family…on this curtain wall facade.…If you watched the previous two videos…then you know that we need to…create a structured list of points,…four to be exact, because the curtain panel…that we're going to use has four adaptive points…and those four points have to be in the correct order.…Specifically, that order for us is going to be…lower left hand corner is our first point,…moving counterclockwise around P3…at the upper left hand corner.…
That's our goal and the strategy…that we're going to take to do that…is we're going to select all of these…red edge panels that are in our file,…trace the outline, and then extract…the corner points from that traced outline.…Once we've done that, we'll have our points,…process it a little further, and feed that…into an adaptive component node.…Off we go, let's go to Revit and Dynamo and get started.…I'm going to click new here,…create a brand new graph, and the first thing…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Placing a single Revit Family
- Selecting elements with basic selection nodes
- Lists and lacing
- Renaming multiple project views
- Adaptive component requirements
- Selecting elements by family type
- Joining multiple lists into a single list
- Removing the unwanted points
- Reorganizing points
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Placing Component Families along a Path
2. Renaming Multiple Project Views
3. Placing Adaptive Component Families
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.