This video shows you how to find the floor finish in each room.
- [Instructor] In this video,…I'm going to look at several approaches in Dynamo…for populating a room parameter…when there are multiple floor finishes in a room.…When rooms contain multiple finishes,…it's important to determine…how you want to display this information.…By choosing a consistent manner,…it will most effectively convey your design.…I'm going to show you how to use Dynamo to input per plan,…if there are multiple finishes in a space,…concatenate all the finishes into a single input.…And finally, how to update a separate parameter.…Let's get started by opening Dynamo.…
Click open, and select the 04_02 Begin_Multiple Finishes.dyn…Make sure to open in manual execution mode, and click open.…This workspace selects all the rooms in a model,…and all the floors in a model,…and performs clash detection to create a list…of all the rooms that have a floor in 'em,…and a list of all the floors with each associated room.…Click run to create the results.…
We zoom in on the watch node,…that's a list of all the floors,…
- Finding curves and points in Dynamo
- Creating a list for organizing elements
- Modeling walls and floors
- Working with multiple rooms
- Creating a graphic finish legend
- Creating a material take-off
- Creating graphic overrides
- Updating room parameters
- Creating a floor type from a room parameter
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamo Concepts
2. Workflows: Model Finishes from Room Finish Schedules
3. Workflows: Finish Legends
4. Workflows: Synchronize the Room Finish Schedule
5. Taking It Further
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.