Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Remove null values, part of Dynamo: Practical.
- [Narrator] In the previous video,…we were able to grab a list of all the views…in our current Revit project with just a couple notes.…But we ran into a snag where a few of the items…on the list generated a null value.…Now a null value is just an empty value.…It contains no data.…Now I'm not exactly sure why our…list of use generated null values…but the fact that they are null means that they don't…really concern us in terms of being on a sheet.…It's kind of hard for something…that is empty to actually be on a sheet.…So, I'm pretty certain that we can eliminate…the null values without any concern.…
So, we need to find a note now…that will allow us to do that.…So, all I'm going to do here is click in the search field…on the library and type in the word "null".…Now depending on what you have installed in Dynamo,…there are lots of third-party packages.…You may get a long list here.…For example, I've got something called Clockwork…where it says List.Replacenull.…I'm going to stick with out of the box notes…for this example.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Placing a single Revit Family
- Selecting elements with basic selection nodes
- Lists and lacing
- Renaming multiple project views
- Adaptive component requirements
- Selecting elements by family type
- Joining multiple lists into a single list
- Removing the unwanted points
- Reorganizing points
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Placing Component Families along a Path
2. Renaming Multiple Project Views
3. Placing Adaptive Component Families
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.