The Revit API is made up of many different namespaces that contain classes, which are useful. Receive a broad overview of the Revit API, focusing on areas that relate to what you need, including the DB and Creation namespace.
- [Instructor] Earlier, we used the Revit API…to create a new FamilyInstance,…but you may be wondering how we know…where the method came from.…Well, obviously it came from the Revit API,…but this file contains many different functions, classes,…and different object types in many different namespaces.…To look at these, we need to look at the Revit API…file directly to see what we're working with.…We can do this in a few different ways.…Let's look at two methods by looking at the CHM file…and by looking directly at the Revit API DLL file.…
While doing so, we'll also see some…of the different object types…that are available in the Revit API.…To start, let's have a look at the RevitAPI.chm file.…A CHM, or Compiled HTML help file,…is essentially a documentation or help file…that can be opened and viewed.…When you first installed Revit,…you may not have rushed into the Tools and Utilities section…to see what else was available.…If you did, however, you may have noticed…that we can install the Revit SDK.…The Revit SDK, or Software Development Kit,…
Note: This course uses Dynamo 1.3.1 and Revit 2018. For best results, it helps to have the same versions of the software.
- Importing the Dynamo Geometry library
- Defining variables
- Making decisions with conditionals
- Controlling flow with operators
- Defining functions
- Working with external libraries in Python
- Accessing the Revit API with Python
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamo and Python
2. Python Basics
3. Working with Libraries
4. Revit API
Next steps2m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.