This video shows how to find what room a family is in from its room calculation point.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'm going to discuss…a few of Revit's graphic override features…that can help highlight rooms with multiple finishes,…making it easier to identify what rooms…require my attention.…We'll look at conditional formatting and schedules,…color fill legends, and view filters with graphic overrides.…In this finish schedule, I've pre-populated finishes…based on what's modeled in our Revit file by using Dynamo.…Rooms that have multiple finishes, I concatenate it…into a single value using comma seperators,…or, in the comments field, I added the text,…'additional floor finishes in room'.…
I'm going to start by looking at how we can use…conditional formatting to identify which rooms…have multiple finishes.…In the properties of the schedule,…I can click edit next to formatting.…In this schedule's property menu,…on the formatting tab,…I'm going to click on comments.…If I click on conditional format,…I can specify formatting for the comments field…based on the values that I specify.…For the field, I'm selecting comments,…
- Finding curves and points in Dynamo
- Creating a list for organizing elements
- Modeling walls and floors
- Working with multiple rooms
- Creating a graphic finish legend
- Creating a material take-off
- Creating graphic overrides
- Updating room parameters
- Creating a floor type from a room parameter
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamo Concepts
2. Workflows: Model Finishes from Room Finish Schedules
3. Workflows: Finish Legends
4. Workflows: Synchronize the Room Finish Schedule
5. Taking It Further
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.