This video shows how to write the updated information back to the room finish schedule.
- [Instructor] In this video,…I'm going to show how to use Dynamo…to perform clash detection…to find wall finishes by clashing the midpoint of a wall…with the room's geometry…for a more refined clash detection.…Let's get started by opening Dynamo.…Click Open and browse to the exercise files,…and open the 04_04_Begin Walls DUIN.…Make sure to open it in manual execution mode…and click Open.…This workspace is set up to find…the floor finishes inside of the model…and set those finishes to the room's finish parameter.…
We're going to adjust this to include the wall finishes.…For now, I'm going to select on the floor categories,…right click and freeze them.…We'll select the groups for selecting floors,…and adjust them to select walls.…I'm going to zoom out…and cross select to capture the two watch nodes…and all three groups crossing all the way past…the select all the elements by category node.…If I hit Control + C,…I can copy that to my clipboard,…and zoom down to an open space in the workspace,…and hit Control + V to paste into my workspace.…
- Finding curves and points in Dynamo
- Creating a list for organizing elements
- Modeling walls and floors
- Working with multiple rooms
- Creating a graphic finish legend
- Creating a material take-off
- Creating graphic overrides
- Updating room parameters
- Creating a floor type from a room parameter
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamo Concepts
2. Workflows: Model Finishes from Room Finish Schedules
3. Workflows: Finish Legends
4. Workflows: Synchronize the Room Finish Schedule
5. Taking It Further
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.