This video shows you how to create sketch based families in Revit.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'm going to show…how to use Dynamo to find the boundary of a room,…divide it by a set spacing, and place families…around the room, then set the rotations.…Let's start by opening Dynamo from the Manage tab.…Click New to start a new workspace.…And search for select model element.…We'll use a select model element node…to select a room inside of our file.…
If you hover over the space until you have the X…of the room boundary, click and select the room.…Now, in the search bar, let's get the boundary of the room.…We're going to search for finish boundary…and wire the Element output from Select Model Element…to the room input of Room.FinishBoundary.…Room.FinishBoundary will return a list of lines…that are the boundary of our room.…
We're going to divide these lines, creating a list of points…that we can use to place a family on it.…We'll use the PointsAtEqualSegmentLength node…to divide our line, creating our list of points.…Search for the points at equal segment.…Select the PointsAtEqualSegmentLength node.…
- Finding curves and points in Dynamo
- Creating a list for organizing elements
- Modeling walls and floors
- Working with multiple rooms
- Creating a graphic finish legend
- Creating a material take-off
- Creating graphic overrides
- Updating room parameters
- Creating a floor type from a room parameter
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamo Concepts
2. Workflows: Model Finishes from Room Finish Schedules
3. Workflows: Finish Legends
4. Workflows: Synchronize the Room Finish Schedule
5. Taking It Further
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.