Join Jeremy Graham for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise files, part of Dynamo for Revit: Python Scripting.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files for this course, we have both Dynamo and Revit files so you can follow along during the course. Inside the download file, you'll find a folder for each chapter that uses an exercise file. Within each chapter file, you'll notice a begin and end file. Files that don't have a begin file means that the exercise for that video is from scratch, that is from a blank Dynamo file and Revit file. Within the files, you'll find most commonly a Dynamo file with the extension .DYN.
In some files there are also Revit files with the extension RVT. If you don't have the exercise files, that's okay, as most videos start with blank Dynamo files. If at any time you need to stop and catch up with your Dynamo file, feel free to pause the video and fill in the gaps. Now let's jump into Dynamo and get started.
Note: This course uses Dynamo 1.3.1 and Revit 2018. For best results, it helps to have the same versions of the software.
- Importing the Dynamo Geometry library
- Defining variables
- Making decisions with conditionals
- Controlling flow with operators
- Defining functions
- Working with external libraries in Python
- Accessing the Revit API with Python