This video shows how to graphically override elements by their material color.
- [Instructor] In this video,…I'm going to show you how to use Dynamo…to find a material color,…to use as the graphic override for the walls…in a graphic wall type legend.…Looking at a nice symmetric drawing,…you can see that the finished walls…have a material applied to them,…with a color for each material.…I'll use Dynamo to rig the material color,…and override the legend component,…to be of the material color.…Let's get started.…From the manage tab,…Open Dynamo from the visual programming panel.…
Click on open,…and open the 03.05 begin graphic override DYN file.…Make sure to open in manual execution mode and click open.…This is a workspace to place…all the legend components inside of our wall legend.…I'm going to start by deleting all…but the first two components,…if I cross select all of the items,…and leave the first component in the first text box,…I can delete the items,…and inside of Dynamo,…I can rerun our script.…
Now I have the values of the elements…that were placed inside of Dynamo,…now I can read their materials…
- Finding curves and points in Dynamo
- Creating a list for organizing elements
- Modeling walls and floors
- Working with multiple rooms
- Creating a graphic finish legend
- Creating a material take-off
- Creating graphic overrides
- Updating room parameters
- Creating a floor type from a room parameter
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamo Concepts
2. Workflows: Model Finishes from Room Finish Schedules
3. Workflows: Finish Legends
4. Workflows: Synchronize the Room Finish Schedule
5. Taking It Further
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.