Accounts are organizations that your company does business with. Contacts are people within or possibly related to those companies. You may have many contacts for one company. Leads are potential sales; opportunities are leads that have been moved through a sales process and are now ready to commit to purchase.
- [Instructor] There are five major record types…that are used in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.…Think of this as five different lists that we maintain.…There are many, many other record types,…but these are the ones that are most substantial,…and you'll want to understand what they are…and what we would store in them…and where we would look for information.…The first two record types are Accounts and Contacts.…And this is very simple, this is something…that you're going to understand intuitively.…Accounts are organizations, they're companies.…
And contacts then are people who work for…or potentially have influence over those organizations.…So we have one company that then have several contacts.…Contacts are similar to the contacts…that you would store in Microsoft Outlook…or any other contact management system,…people who you want to stay in touch with.…So you have their email addresses…and you have their Skype ID.…You have their phone numbers and physical addresses.…
You keep track of when their birthday is,…all of those types of things.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing personal and team dashboards
- Creating and qualifying leads
- Converting activities to opportunities
- Working with customer service cases
- Managing case queues
- Researching solutions
- Running and exporting reports
Skill Level Beginner
FileMaker Pro 15 Essential Trainingwith Cris Ippolite9h 17m Beginner
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 18m Appropriate for all
1. Dynamics CRM Data and Processes
2. Getting Started
3. Focus on My Work
4. Qualify a Lead
5. Work on an Opportunity
6. Focus on Customer Service
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.