Dynamics CRM treats leads as if they were in a holding area, separate from the CRM contacts and accounts. In the first stage in the default Sales Process, Qualify, the lead owner determines whether there is sufficient information about the lead and related contact to remove that separation and include the lead with other CRM information. If a lead is qualified it is converted to an opportunity. Criteria for qualifying a lead are determined by each company.
- [Instructor] Some CRM systems don't use leads at all.…When you have new information about a potential…sales opportunity from Rebecca Davis,…you simply add Rebecca as a contact…and have some information about her opportunity…which is training on social media tools.…And that data, then, is mixed in together…with information about companies that we've been…doing business with for 20, 30, 50, 100 years,…and the only thing that makes Rebecca special is that…she's newer and that there's less information about her.…
Microsoft Dynamics CRM's Leads feature…is a holding tank, it really provides almost a firewall…between the folks who are bringing potential new business…and the rest of our customer relationship management system.…We're not going to throw Rebecca or Gabriele…or Tamer or Kim in with all of the existing business…until we've actually checked them out a little bit,…and that's what the qualification process is.…
When we use the default sales process…in Microsoft Dynamics CRM and we qualify a lead,…what we're doing is moving it inside the firewall.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing personal and team dashboards
- Creating and qualifying leads
- Converting activities to opportunities
- Working with customer service cases
- Managing case queues
- Researching solutions
- Running and exporting reports
Skill Level Beginner
FileMaker Pro 15 Essential Trainingwith Cris Ippolite9h 17m Beginner
SharePoint Online Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter9h 18m Appropriate for all
1. Dynamics CRM Data and Processes
2. Getting Started
3. Focus on My Work
4. Qualify a Lead
5. Work on an Opportunity
6. Focus on Customer Service
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.