In Dynamics for Talent, every feature is available from the home page. In this video, learn how to navigate on the home page of Dynamics for Talent.
- [Instructor] Different users have different views in Dynamics for Talent. This is essentially the view for the director of human resources in an organization. And I get this view because I set up the trial. And because it is a trial of talent, I have some trial data. A company, Contoso Entertainment System USA, and various data in all of the areas that we will look at. I have the highest level of permission that is available in Dynamics for Talent right now. So if you are looking at your own Dynamics for Talent system, and if you do not have administrative permissions, you may not always see all of the same options that I have. I'd like to show you some of the features of this home screen and how we navigate in general in Dynamics for Talent. First at the upper left, we have the waffle, which takes us back to our cloud-based Office 365 applications. We can also use this to get directly to the different components of talent, like Attract and Onboard, if that's where we wish to go. Then we have talent, which always brings us back to this screen, our default dashboard. No matter where we are in Dynamics for Talent, it will bring us back here. The keyboard shortcut for that, Alt, Shift, Home. We also have a search box that will let us search for a specific page in Dynamics for Talent. On the right-hand side, we have our company and environment, a notifications or messages icon that will show us messages that come from the Dynamics system, our settings button, help, and then this is our account, which would allow me, for example, to sign out, but that's about it. Find my own email address, not hard. On the left-hand side, we have a navigation pane. It's collapsed right now. If you click the triple line button here at the top, you will get an expansion of this. The icons that are used here in the navigation pane are consistent throughout Dynamics for Talent. For example, if we looked at, it's the same icon that is used for benefits, where it appears on a tile in the middle of the page. Over time, you will memorize those icons naturally and you won't need to have this pane expanded, because it does take up a little bit of space. But these are the feature sets here of Dynamics, starting with our homepage, people, employee self service, and if you are a team member, a manager, not in the HR department, employee self service may actually be where you start your day in Dynamics, because almost everyone uses this, and it's a common place that someone would want to go who was an employee. If we scroll down using this scrollbar, you'll notice that we also have Attract and Onboard components listed here. These same components are listed in the center of the page, and you can scroll down, and any of these tiles do exactly the same thing that any of these links in the navigation pane do. Because this is trial data, there's a big link that says click here to get started. And I haven't removed this for a reason. If you wanted to work with other data other than the trial data, then if you click here to get started, it will take you to a page that helps you start to set up your data for Dynamics for Talent. And if you scroll down, you will see manage your data with Excel. And here is the data that is needed to set up Dynamics for Talent initially. So if you're someone who is starting to work with Dynamics for Talent in your organization, and you're doing a pilot rather than a trial, this is where you will come to add your data to Dynamics for Talent. But I'm going to return now to home. And I don't need this banner at the top that takes up all this space, so I can close it. If I wanted it back, by the way, here's a prompt that reminds me that I can go to settings to bring the Get Started page back again. So if right now you're learning, and later on you might want to add your own data to the system, you'll know how to get back there. A few other features on this page then, if you want to search for a person, there's a people search here, distinct and different from the page search at the top. There's a calendar, there is a list of work items that have been assigned to you. And on the right-hand side, a list of tasks, your own to-do list, items that you need to work on. If you work in human resources, this is probably where you'll start your day with Dynamics for Talent.
- Browsing and searching lists
- Working with records through forms
- Creating positions in Dynamics Talent
- Hiring and terminating employees
- Running the compensation process
- Creating benefits and enrolling employees
- Managing leaves and absences
- Managing employee development