Get up and running with Dynamics GP, Microsoft's most widely used back-office accounting ERP software. Learn how to navigate and query the system, extract data, build your own reports, and avoid its unique pitfalls.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Renato Bellu and welcome to Up and Running with Microsoft Dynamics GP. In this course, we'll delve into the many ways in which you can stream line, enhance, and make more efficient use of Dynamics GP. I'll start by showing you how to get around the system more quickly using the navigation pane and adding quick links, plus how to avoid the common pit falls encountered by users unfamiliar with the tricks, quirks, and nuances of the software.
Next, I'll show you how to use the smart list to find the answers you're looking for and at the touch of a button, extract the data out of the system and right into Excel. Finally, we'll see how to upload budgets rapidly using the Excel based Budgeting Wizard. I'll be covering all these features, plus plenty of other tools and techniques and pointing out dozens of commonly encountered quirks and gotchas which can be easily avoided once you know the trick.
Now, let's get started with Up and Running with Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Using the SmartList to extract data from Dynamics GP
- Controlling the behavior of the GP by mastering the posting setup window
- Grasping the chart of accounts format
- Entering and posting general ledger journal entries
- Entering accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable transactions, such as credit memos
- Setting up new inventory items and running stock status reports
- Understanding the ins and outs of the bank reconciliation module
- Creating new companies
- Uploading budgets into Dynamics GP from Microsoft Excel
- Entering sales orders and billing your customers
- Managing inventory price lists
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which versions of Dynamics GP does this cover?
A: We cover the latest installed version of Dynamics GP. This course doesn't cover the web-based version of Dynamics GP explicitly, although you may find there are similarities.