Join Renato Bellu for an in-depth discussion in this video Uploading budgets, part of Learning Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Loading budgets into Dynamics GP is very easy…using this Excel based budgeting wizard,…which I am going to show you in a second.…But it is easy to get confused about budgets,…especially if you start out by looking…at an individual account.…Say I wanted to budget the Sales Account,…which I happen to know is account number 4100,…Sales Revenue.…If I hit the Budget button here,…I select the Budget ID,…and you see these amounts are there for each month,…January, February, etcetera.…
Now this would be really tedious for me…to start keying numbers in here.…That's going to take a long time.…There are some Calculate tools where I can say,…"Well, look at last year's actuals;…bump them up by a certain percentage,"…etcetera, etcetera, here.…I can take change from last year 's budget.…Truth be told, very few people actually do it that way.…I've really never worked with anybody who does it…any other way than having the budget in Excel…and then wanting to upload the numbers from Excel.…
So you don't want to be in the…Single Account Budget Maintenance here.…
- Using the SmartList to extract data from Dynamics GP
- Controlling the behavior of the GP by mastering the posting setup window
- Grasping the chart of accounts format
- Entering and posting general ledger journal entries
- Entering accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable transactions, such as credit memos
- Setting up new inventory items and running stock status reports
- Understanding the ins and outs of the bank reconciliation module
- Creating new companies
- Uploading budgets into Dynamics GP from Microsoft Excel
- Entering sales orders and billing your customers
- Managing inventory price lists
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which versions of Dynamics GP does this cover?
A: We cover the latest installed version of Dynamics GP. This course doesn't cover the web-based version of Dynamics GP explicitly, although you may find there are similarities.