Join Renato Bellu for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding common controls, part of Learning Microsoft Dynamics GP (2015).
- Mastering Microsoft Dynamics GP…involves understanding the common controls…that are found in almost every window in the system.…There are a lot of windows in Dynamics GP.…But there aren't that many controls.…And so what you'll find,…if we look at a few common windows here,…the Vendor Maintenance window…and the Customer Maintenance window,…is that the windows look very similar,…almost identical in this case.…We have the same types of controls.…We have field labels that are bold and in red.…
Those are required fields that's set up in User Preferences…where you select a display option.…We have Lookup buttons,…which can be accessed by the shortcut Ctrl + l.…We have the Note icon.…We have underlined field labels that are in blue.…And you'll notice that the pointer turns to a hand…as we hover over those,…showing us that from there, we can click…and open up the Setup for that field.…
So we could then add new choices…to the Lookup by changing the Setup.…Common mistake that is made is…that people use the Zooming to the Setup…
- Using the SmartList to extract data from Dynamics GP
- Controlling the behavior of the GP by mastering the posting setup window
- Grasping the chart of accounts format
- Entering and posting general ledger journal entries
- Entering accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable transactions, such as credit memos
- Setting up new inventory items and running stock status reports
- Understanding the ins and outs of the bank reconciliation module
- Creating new companies
- Uploading budgets into Dynamics GP from Microsoft Excel
- Entering sales orders and billing your customers
- Managing inventory price lists
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which versions of Dynamics GP does this cover?
A: We cover the latest installed version of Dynamics GP. This course doesn't cover the web-based version of Dynamics GP explicitly, although you may find there are similarities.