Join Renato Bellu for an in-depth discussion in this video Taking the mystery out of the account format, part of Learning Microsoft Dynamics GP (2015).
- Okay, let's take a look at the account format.…That's found under Administration, Company, Account Format.…It's found under the company section,…because the account format can be different…in different companies.…What can't be different is the maximum account length…and the maximum number of segments.…That's sort of set in stone when you install the system,…so when they installed your system,…hopefully they put this as a high-enough number…where you have some leeway…if you're creating new companies,…and you have a longer account number.…
You should be able to accommodate that.…Well, what does this mean here, 66, 10?…Well, for instance, I could have only two segments,…but then, I'm limited to each segment being…33 characters in length,…and that's fine; you'd never really want…a segment to be more than probably…six characters anyway.…So, what this usually comes out to…is a maximum number of 10, of six each.…Could also be thought of six segments of 10 in length.…The thing is; if you make a segment longer than six,…
- Using the SmartList to extract data from Dynamics GP
- Controlling the behavior of the GP by mastering the posting setup window
- Grasping the chart of accounts format
- Entering and posting general ledger journal entries
- Entering accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable transactions, such as credit memos
- Setting up new inventory items and running stock status reports
- Understanding the ins and outs of the bank reconciliation module
- Creating new companies
- Uploading budgets into Dynamics GP from Microsoft Excel
- Entering sales orders and billing your customers
- Managing inventory price lists
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which versions of Dynamics GP does this cover?
A: We cover the latest installed version of Dynamics GP. This course doesn't cover the web-based version of Dynamics GP explicitly, although you may find there are similarities.