Join Renato Bellu for an in-depth discussion in this video Running the inventory stock status report, part of Learning Microsoft Dynamics GP (2015).
- The Dynamics GP Inventory Stock Status Report…is often used to tie out…the General Ledger Balance Sheet Inventory Amount…to the Subsidiary Ledger Inventory Valuation.…Let's take a look at that report.…We're going to go to the Inventory Series…and look at Reports.…First thing you'll notice…is there is no Stock Status Report listed.…You have to know that it's found under the Activity Reports.…There it is!…Hidden in the Activity Reports,…we find the Stock Status…and we also find a historical version of that.…
The main difference between these two reports…is that the Historical Stock Status…allows you to specify an as of date,…and you can also check a check box…which will make the as of date…user the General Ledger posting date.…This wasn't originally a part of Dynamics GP,…it was added because users were trying to use this…to get a valuation to tie out to the general ledger.…I'm going to create a report option.…Now this report allows you to print in detail…or to give a summary.…
Normally it's printed in detail.…You can select a range of sites or just one site.…
- Using the SmartList to extract data from Dynamics GP
- Controlling the behavior of the GP by mastering the posting setup window
- Grasping the chart of accounts format
- Entering and posting general ledger journal entries
- Entering accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable transactions, such as credit memos
- Setting up new inventory items and running stock status reports
- Understanding the ins and outs of the bank reconciliation module
- Creating new companies
- Uploading budgets into Dynamics GP from Microsoft Excel
- Entering sales orders and billing your customers
- Managing inventory price lists
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which versions of Dynamics GP does this cover?
A: We cover the latest installed version of Dynamics GP. This course doesn't cover the web-based version of Dynamics GP explicitly, although you may find there are similarities.