Join Renato Bellu for an in-depth discussion in this video Running the general ledger trial balance, part of Learning Microsoft Dynamics GP (2015).
- Microsoft Dynamics GP comes with a built-in report…for running General Ledger Trial Balances.…That can be found under Financial, Reports, Trial Balance.…There are several options underneath the Trial Balance,…Detailed, Summary, Worksheet, et cetera.…We're going to look at the Detailed Trial Balance.…This will give us the full detailed transactions…related to each account,…showing the net change over the period,…the beginning balance, and the ending balance.…
I'm going to create a new Report Option for this.…It asks me to give the Option a name.…I'm going to call it TB for Trial Balance.…I hit Tab.…You always want to include the Posting Accounts.…I'll never forget the first time…that I installed Dynamics GP at a client.…I did not select that Check Box,…and I kept running the report…and getting exactly this result,…I'll hit Print, and nothing appears on the report.…And I was starting to get worried…that I had failed to import the data.…
But all it was, was just, by default,…they do not include that.…The rest of these Check Boxes, normally, are not checked.…
- Using the SmartList to extract data from Dynamics GP
- Controlling the behavior of the GP by mastering the posting setup window
- Grasping the chart of accounts format
- Entering and posting general ledger journal entries
- Entering accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable transactions, such as credit memos
- Setting up new inventory items and running stock status reports
- Understanding the ins and outs of the bank reconciliation module
- Creating new companies
- Uploading budgets into Dynamics GP from Microsoft Excel
- Entering sales orders and billing your customers
- Managing inventory price lists
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which versions of Dynamics GP does this cover?
A: We cover the latest installed version of Dynamics GP. This course doesn't cover the web-based version of Dynamics GP explicitly, although you may find there are similarities.