Join Renato Bellu for an in-depth discussion in this video Running the bank reconciliation, part of Learning Microsoft Dynamics GP (2015).
- The Dynamics GP Bank Reconciliation module…is found in the Financial series.…The Reconcile Bank Statement window is used to clear items…so that your adjusted bank balance agrees…exactly to your bank statement.…And when the difference between those two is zero,…you can finalize your bank reconciliation.…But before we get to that,…let me show you the Bank Transfer window.…The Bank Transfer Entry window is a way…for you to move money between checkbooks…that exist within the same company.…
Now these could be bank accounts…that are at different banking institutions,…but both bank accounts have to be owned by the same company…and have been setup in Microsoft Dynamics GP…within one company where there's a checkbook…and an account number specified for it.…So for instance, I can take money that's in First Bank…and move it to money that's in my Flex Benefits account.…And you see these are mapped…to separate general ledger account numbers.…
So if I were to move a thousand dollars…from First Bank to Flex Benefits,…what's going to happen is it'll credit account 1100…
- Using the SmartList to extract data from Dynamics GP
- Controlling the behavior of the GP by mastering the posting setup window
- Grasping the chart of accounts format
- Entering and posting general ledger journal entries
- Entering accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable transactions, such as credit memos
- Setting up new inventory items and running stock status reports
- Understanding the ins and outs of the bank reconciliation module
- Creating new companies
- Uploading budgets into Dynamics GP from Microsoft Excel
- Entering sales orders and billing your customers
- Managing inventory price lists
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which versions of Dynamics GP does this cover?
A: We cover the latest installed version of Dynamics GP. This course doesn't cover the web-based version of Dynamics GP explicitly, although you may find there are similarities.