Join Renato Bellu for an in-depth discussion in this video Running the accounts receivable aging report, part of Learning Microsoft Dynamics GP.
The Microsoft Dynamics GP aging report…for the sales module is found under…the sales series, reports, trial balance.…Notice that there is no aging report.…Trial balance in accounts receivable…is the aging report,…very similar to the accounts payable module.…You have choices for historical…versus nonhistorical.…The historical aged trial balance allows you…to specify a posting date from the GL…from the GL to select the transactions.…
You see how this is enabled here,…whereas if you selected…the aged trial balance with options,…it is disabled.…Most users will typically choose…the historical aged trial balance…because they're trying to tie out…their aging in their subsidiary module,…the accounts receivable module,…to the balance on their balance sheet…in the general ledger module.…I'm going to create an option here.…I can call this whatever I like.…I'm going to specify that I want…to run the report in detail.…
If I don't do that, all I'll get is a number…for each customer but not see…the actual invoices and credit memos…
- Using the SmartList to extract data from Dynamics GP
- Controlling the behavior of the GP by mastering the posting setup window
- Grasping the chart of accounts format
- Entering and posting general ledger journal entries
- Entering accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable transactions, such as credit memos
- Setting up new inventory items and running stock status reports
- Understanding the ins and outs of the bank reconciliation module
- Creating new companies
- Uploading budgets into Dynamics GP from Microsoft Excel
- Entering sales orders and billing your customers
- Managing inventory price lists
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which versions of Dynamics GP does this cover?
A: We cover the latest installed version of Dynamics GP. This course doesn't cover the web-based version of Dynamics GP explicitly, although you may find there are similarities.